About our Chamber of Commerce
The Farmingdale Chamber encompasses both Nassau and Suffolk Counties, the Towns of Babylon and Oyster Bay, and The Incorporated Village of Farmingdale.
Membership includes several hundred members representing a cross section of the region. Products manufactured or distributed range from wholesalers and importers, to retailers from the Route 110 corridor to The Incorporated Village of Farmingdale.
The Chamber encourages networking of members at the monthly luncheons held the first Thursday of the month. The monthly Board of Directors meetings are held on the last Thursday of the month.
The Farmingdale Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is dedicated to "Building a Better Business Community Together" and to serve the heart of the greater Long Island business area. The Farmingdale Chamber of Commerce, Inc. pledges itself to the following goals.
As an organization, the Chamber has the ability to act as a voice representative of the business community thus effecting desirable improvements within the business area. It works continuously in liaison with the state, county, town, and village governments toward the accomplishment of mutual goals, which contribute to the health, and vitality of Farmingdale . The Chamber provides publicity, community awareness, and member mailing lists.
- To further the mutual interests of all organizations in their relationships with town, county, village and state governmental agencies.
- To promote the passage of legislation serving the best interests of our businesses and community.
- To promote inter and intra-area buying of products and services.
- To promote beautification of the local industrial and commercial community.
The Chamber has sponsored:
Our Chamber also maintains a working relationship with the following organizations:
- Protective bullet proof vests for our auxiliary police
- Scholarships for Farmingdale High School Students
- American Flags along route 110
- Christmas presents to four families who were victims of 9/11
- Donated to the victims of Hurricane Katrina and Rita
- Purchase Holiday Lights
- Sponsor Holiday Parade and Easter Egg Hunt
- The Nassau Council of Chambers of Commerce
- The Suffolk & Nassau Counties Department of Economic Development
- The New York Department of Commerce & Industry
- The New York State Main Street Alliance
- The U.S. Department of Commerce & Industry