The Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to the cooperative efforts of the business and residential community toward the preservation of quality, character and vitality of Farmingdale.
A non-profit organization, the Chamber welcomes all Farmingdale businesses, members of the professions, residents, community organizations and institutions to join in the support of its efforts through membership and active participation.
As an organization, the Chamber has the ability to act as a voice representative of the business community thus effecting desirable improvements within the business area. It works continuously in liaison with the State, County, Town, and Village governments toward the accomplishment of mutual goals, which contribute to the health, and vitality of Farmingdale.
The Chamber provides valuable publicity, community awareness, member mailing lists and much more. Group Health and Dental Plans are available to All Members, their employees and families. All members must be in good standing to be eligible to participate in Health and Dental plans.
Several services are offered to the membership, among them:
- Our Chamber also maintains a working relationship with the New York Department of Commerce & Industry and The Suffolk & Nassau Counties Department of Economic Development. In addition to the U.S. Department of Commerce & Industry and the NYS Main Street Alliance, the Chamber is also a member of the Nassau Council of Chambers of Commerce. There is a Suffolk Council of Chambers as well.
- A monthly newsletter is sent to all members to announce the upcoming events and meeting notices.
- New members are welcomed in the monthly Newsletter.
- The Newsletter Spotlights a business each month.
- The Chamber meets every first Thursday of each month.
- The Board meets the last Thursday of each month.